Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter is tomorrow! Yay!

Easter is tomorrow. Where did the first quarter of 2011 go?! How did we get to Easter so soon?! As a child, I never believed the adults that would tell me that time will fly by as I get older....now I want to go back to the point in my life that time used to crawl. The hours in the day are a blur, and somehow I'm still trying to keep all my plates spinning!

Thankfully, in just a month or so, one of those plates can come off for the summer. In it's place, I'll be adding a new plate to spin-sewing classes! I've been sewing for about 12 years or so, and have decided that over summer, it'd be fun to teach some sewing classes. Nothing fancy, but enough that people learn how to use a sewing machine, read a pattern, make things they want, etc. It'll be fun. And I'm hoping it'll still let me have more time on my hands to use for blogging recipes and whatnot. *crossing fingers* I've made so many diffferent recipes that I don't know where to start up from. Ugh.

For now, I'll just talk about Easter a bit. Tomorrow will be yummy! Honey ham, green bean casserole (recipe from Thanksgiving), potato's O'Doyle (aka potato's o'bryan), dinner rolls, orange jello with mandarin oranges and curried sweet potato gratin. I like the idea of having classics at holidays-but also having a different dish, just to try something new and see if that will become a classic. Which is why we're having curried sweet potato gratin. It's a new recipe that I found from Gluten Free Girl- http://glutenfreegirl.com/curried-sweet-potato-gratin-with-a-vegan-option/#comment-30676  It looked so good, I just had to try it! So that's what's going on in my kitchen at this moment in time. ^_^ I made my green bean casserole this morning. Whew!

Because we have church tomorrow morning, and then we have our Easter dinner, I have a few cheat methods when it comes to baked goods. (we all know that baked goods taste best fresh, right?) I mix my flours and all dry ingredients in advance. For my dinner rolls for example, I just need to mix in the wet ingredients tomorrow at my parents and let them rise. After they rise, roll into rolls, let rise, bake. Done! Same thing for tomorrow's dessert. Best thing ever. ANGEL FOOD CAKE. And it's not like that store bought angel food cake that's meh. No, this is amazing. I made it for our Bible study a few weeks ago. I'm the only gluten free person in the room. Everyone agreed it was the best angel food cake they had ever tasted. YAY! And this is another recipe I got from someone else- Gluten Free Mommy. She has some great dessert recipes if you're ever hankering for sweets! http://glutenfreemommy.com/angel-food-cake/

Once I finish with all my casserole and dessert making, I'll try to remember to take a few pictures to post. Can I say it? I'm looking forward to tomorrow! A holiday to celebrate our Savior's death and defeat of sin with His resurrection, a holiday to hang out with family, a holiday to eat good food. Yep, tomorrow will be awesome!

He is Risen!
 He is Risen, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment