Friday, April 8, 2011

Fly by recipe!

I've come to a decision. I am NEVER AGAIN going to hold over 3 part time jobs! O_o I miss my life!

This morning will be a quick, super simple breakfast recipe. I *hope* to have time on Sunday to post a few more recipes, and maybe even an update and pictures and whatnot. I'm working as an ASL interpreter at the local college-and interpreting more classes than I typically do- plus being a Pampered Chef consultant, and also as a seamstress. (with lots, and lots, and LOTS of projects that are due tomorrow and then another load of them for the first week of July!) Those are my 3 paying jobs, not including my primary job as wife and housewife and kitty mommy. Which is the best job of them all, and I'm realy missing it!

Super simple breakfast that TBG and I have been having quite often-parfaits! And I'll admit, up until a few weeks ago I thought that parfaits were too fancy a word for a breakfast food, and that they'd be meh. Well, I was wrong! We get a good dose of calcium, fiber, fruit sugar and overall YUM.

A lazy morning parfait-only one layer of granola and fruit

Our favorite recipe is very simple. Here's what you need:

-two glasses
-quart of honey greek yogurt
-gluten free granola (Udi's makes this!)
-blueberries
-raspberries
-strawberries


I put a hearty layer of yogurt in the bottom of our glasses, then gently pour in some granola. Make it thumb thickness or so. Layer yogurt on that, then fruit! Layer back and forth til you're near the top of the glass.  Fruit will be the top layer, lay the fruit down in a pretty pattern, grab a spoon, and ENJOY!!



See that pretty pattern? It's happy food!

No comments:

Post a Comment