Sunday, August 8, 2010

Withdrawls...

I wonder how drug addicts do it. I mean, I'm only quitting FOOD for crying out loud! And I'm losing my mind. Earlier today I was ready to pick up the entire basket of donuts at church and run out the door with them. Then, while driving home, I didn't see a McDonald's sign. No, I saw a huge sign with MCFLURRY and pointing neon arrows. Once we got home, I thought the idea of a spoon and a bowl of brown sugar sounded good. ....it hasn't even been a week yet. >_<

Today after church I had been planning to pull out one of the meatloaves that I had pre-made and frozen and cook it for lunch. I typically make about 10 pounds of meatloaf at a time, section it up, and then freeze it for any easy meal to pull from the freezer and toss in the oven. But here's where the wrench got thrown into my meat-craving clogs. That meatloaf, that delicious meatloaf has onion soup mix, worchester sauce, and bread crumbs. Yep. Wheat, corn starch and wheat. I wanted to cry. Sooo...instead I'll make that just for That Bearded Guy, and make meatloaf sandwiches for him this week. He'll be happy with that. Bread, meatloaf and cheese. Mmmmm...I want...

So what did we do for lunch? Well, yesterday TBG and I went over to Trader Joe's and found something cool. Brown rice pasta! YAYAYAYAY!!! I may not be able to have garlic bread with it, but hey, I'll take what I can get! So for lunch today we had brown rice pasta, garlic/basil/tomato sauce and broccoli. (I made TBG some garlic bread to go with his-it helps use up the bread and butter we have on hand. The less that's here to tempt me, the better!) I know there's still half a loaf of garlic bread in the freezer, so I figure next time our Bible Study needs garlic bread, I'll volunteer and bring it over-let them enjoy it. I'll sit in the corner with my plate with no bread... *sniff sniff, tear*

I was craving brownies yesterday like no other. And I had found a carob "brownie" recipe... x_x I thought I was going to die. EEEWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! That was, without a doubt, the most disgusting thing that has ever passed through my lips that I've made. Ew. Ew. Ew. Imagine seeing something that resembles a brownie. In your mind, you get excited, it's a brownie! You pick it up. It has the texture of a brownie! Your excitement mounts. You bite into it, expecting the taste of something even remotely resembling a brownie. Instead, you have the texture of an overly chewie cookie but with the taste of cardboard and bitter coffee. ._. I found one other recipe that is described as something resembling a brownie. And it's actually described as "something resembling a brownie". Because of that title, I'm actually somewhat curious. Better than the lying title of "delicious carob brownie's!" Delicious? To whom? Even cockroaches would wither!

Maybe later I'll try out that other recipe...maybe. Trying to decide if I feel brave enough or not. Ugh. If I do, and it actually tastes...palatable..then I'll post it here. Here's to wishful thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment