1/4 cup almond meal
1 tbsp flax seed meal
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp coconut sugar
2 eggs, separated
1 cup almond milk
3 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Sift together the dry ingredients, and mix them up a bit.
- Add all the wet ingredients together-minus the egg whites. Allow it to gel a bit. (flax seed will do this naturally, do not be alarmed!)
- Beat the egg whites in a separate bowl, until the fluffy peaks form.
- Carefully fold in the egg whites, and stir gently until fully incorporated.
- Pour batter onto hot waffle iron and bake as normal.