Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Banana Pecan Muffins

Breakfast. Best time for baked goods. Some scrambled eggs, a bite of toast or pancakes or coffeecake or scones, or muffins, some fruit on the side...morning is an excellent time for the culinary delights. In case you couldn't tell, I like baked goods. And I like breakfast. (only thanks to my hubby on that-he's taught me to enjoy breakfast!) And I like baked goods with breakfast.

But what I don't like, is banana. Ick. Too soft and mushy. (and I'm allergic to it raw) I know it's really good for me, high in potassium and stuffs, but I can't get over the texture of it. (and the lack of air once my allergy kicks in) Despite my intense dislike of that yellow fruit, I felt like being inovative, and stepping outside my comfort zone. I got some frozen banana's from my dear Mom's freezer, and decided it's time to try something. If I don't like it, then at least my parents enjoy banana, and they can have it.

Well, no one is going to try this batch, because I'm gonna eat it all by myself. (TBG can have only one or two, I suppose...) These are amazing. Moist. Flavorful. Lovely texture. Amazing with a small bit of butter and scrambled eggs. Good without butter and scrambled eggs. Delicious. I can't believe I've fallen in love with something banana. Even TBG has agreed they are good-despite the fact they're banana. I'm thrilled. I have a new breakfast bread! Well, muffin. I think I'll try playing with it more later and try making it a bread too. ^_^

Here's the recipe I used:

Banana Pecan Muffins of Gatronomic Delight

4 eggs
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 TBSP coconut milk
3 TBSP coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
2 ripe banana's
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp clove
dash of mace
dash of ginger
dash of allspice

1 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1 TBSP maple chunks

The low-down:
  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. Blend maple syrup and eggs until smooth. Add banana, milk, oil, vanilla and spices, blend for about a minute.
  3. Sift dry ingredients together. (I didn't do that...and I forgot coconut flour can have lumps...so make sure you sift first!!) Add in dry ingredients and blend fully. Once blended, gently stir in pecans and maple chunks.
  4. Pour into greased muffin pans and bake for about 20 minutes. Makes 10-12 muffins.

About 130 calories and 14 carbs per muffin

No comments:

Post a Comment