Wednesday, August 18, 2010

PIZZA!

Pizza. It's amazing food, isn't it? A piece of bread, with some tomato sauce on it, and then you load it up with all your favorite smaller foods. Ham and pineapple...pepperoni....sausage...BBQ sauce and chicken...mixed meats....just cheese....tomato and basil...bell pepper and zuccini.....it's all so yummy! I've been craving pizza lately, and going crazy because there is no good pizza recipe that I can eat. Well, I found (altered alot) a recipe that I've had on hand for awhile.

 The only problem with my pizza craving is that I still can't have dairy-so no cheese on my half. But TBG had cheese on his half. He liked the crust, the only problem is that this time I didn't stuff the crust with cheese. But if I'm allowed goat cheese somewhere down the line, then I'll stuff it with that cheese. ^_^  Our pizza tonight was originally going to be hawiian style, until I realized the pineapple I had in a jar has sugar in it. *grumps* So instead, this pizza has turkey, beef and ham shreds. Still good!

Recipe!

1/2 Tbsp dry yeast
1 1/4 cup warm water
1 egg
1/2 tsp salt
1/4-1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp italian seasoning
2 cups rice flour
1 1/2 cups tapioca flour
1 tsp xanthum gum

Dissolve yeast in water. Add salt and seasonings. Mix and add egg. Stir in flour and gum until dough is formed. (add more water if too dry) Spread EVOO on a pizza pan, spread dough over pan and form little walls for the sauce. Bake crust for 10 minutes in an oven that's preheated at 400. Bring out crust and spread pizza sauce, cheese and toppings. Bake for 20-25 minutes.


You can see the line of division here. His side has more happiness than mine.
Someday I'll be allowed cheese again!

Roughly 208 calories for the bread alone if you cut into 6 slices.

*variations*

*Spread garlic powder and herbs over the dough before baking.
*Roll cheese into the crust
*Sprinkle butter and garlic and cheese over the crust edge

Totally random side note-I've discovered that spinach salad with turkey and almond slivers is AMAZING with my cranberry glaze on it. SOOO GOOD!!! You've GOT to try it! I've had it for lunch twice now, and again tomorrow. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment