Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Hot Chocolate...a sad, picture-less post

Well, last week and this week I'm working a temp job at the local college bookstore for their rush weeks of the new semester. It's been really fun-keeping me busy!-and so I've been unable to post that much. Sorry. But due to this current job, I find myself writing up my new discovery!

After hours on register, talking to so many people, my throat is feeling rather sad and scratchy, and I'm also craving something sweet. (That Bearded Guy started eating cookies in front of me, otherwise I'd have been fine without sweets tonight!) I wanted something like tea, but sweeter. I was craving my hot chocolate that I used to have. Well...I started experimenting. And I discovered I COULD indeed still have hot chocolate! Here's my recipe, it's uber simple!

1 cup almond milk
1 TBSP carob powder
1 TBSP honey
1 tsp vanilla

Heat until just before boiling. Pour into mug. Drink and enjoy.

I need to find a recipe for marshmallows next... ^_^ It's not exactly the same as your Grandma's hot chocolate, but it's still really good. Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment